Thursday, December 2, 2010

12/2 The First 5 Symphonies of Beethoven (Annotated Video)

I spent the last couple days cleaning up some of my early analyses of Beethoven's symphonies.  When doing these things it's sometimes hard for me to resist writing "This part goes crazy!" or "Awesome variations here" or "OMG what NOW?" but if I write "leading tone 6/4 chord creates a deceptive open cadence resolving to sub-dominant of dominant of tonic centricity" that's kind of boring and can probably be found in the library anyways.  So these videos are somewhere in between I suppose.  Personally, while watching I like to listen for all the things I DON'T mention in these annotations.  There's just too many elements to talk about...

Anyways, here's the link to the all new Symphonies 1 through 5 Analyzed side bar link.  I included full transcripts of the annotations this time, which I did not do before.  Symphonies 1 and 2 are substantially cleaned up and timed better than when I originally did them a few months ago. 

I think I'll wait to continue with Symphony 6 in the new year, it would be nice to nail the 1 year anniversary of this blog with the 9th's Finale perhaps.


Symphonies 1 through 5 Analyzed

No comments:

Post a Comment